SB-KAWASUMI LABORATORIES, INC. ("SB-KAWASUMI") has established the following policy regarding protection of personal information handled by SB-KAWASUMI ("Personal Information Protection Policy") in accordance with the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information" in Japan.
Personal Information Protection Policy
SB-KAWASUMI, acknowledging importance of personal information, will make efforts to protect personal information in accordance with the following policy:
1. Acquisition of personal information
SB-KAWASUMI will acquire personal information through legally appropriate and fair means.
2. Utilization of personal information
- SB-KAWASUMI will utilize personal information within the scope of the purposes of utilization that SB-KAWASUMI has already notified or publicly announced.
- When SB-KAWASUMI entrusts a certain subcontractor with the handling of personal data, SB-KAWASUMI will carefully check and select such subcontractor and will exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over such subcontractor in order to ensure the security control of the entrusted data.
3. Provision of personal data to a third party
SB-KAWASUMI will not provide personal data to a third party without obtaining the prior consent of the principal except in case of providing it to a third party pursuant to laws or regulations.
4. Control of personal data
- SB-KAWASUMI will maintain personal data accurate and conduct the security control of such personal data within the scope necessary for the achievement of purposes of utilization.
- SB-KAWASUMI will take reasonable measures for information security against unauthorized access in order to prevent the loss, destruction, falsification and leakage of personal data.
5. Disclosure of retained personal data, etc.
When any person who is the subject of SB-KAWASUMI's retained personal data requests SB-KAWASUMI to disclose, correct, add, delete, discontinue using or erase such data, SB-KAWASUMI will appropriately respond to such request in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.