SB-KAWASUMI LABORATORIES, INC. (the “Company”) recognizes the significance of the protection of personal information and ensures its protection according to the following policy:
- The Company will acquire personal information through legal and fair means.
- When acquiring personal information, the Company will clearly state the purpose of use in advance and use the acquired information only within the scope appropriate for the stated purpose of use.
- The Company will not disclose the acquired personal information to any third parties without a prior consent of the individual, unless otherwise required by law. However, the Company may jointly utilize the acquired personal information with its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, subcontractors, and business partners without the prior consent, to the extent permitted by law.
- When the Company outsources the handling of personal information to a third party, it will ensure appropriate management and supervision.
- The Company will maintain the accuracy of personal information and manage it safely.
- The Company will implement appropriate information security measures against unauthorized access and computer viruses to prevent the loss, destruction, alteration, and leakage of personal information stored in a database as electronic data.
- Upon receiving a request for disclosure, revision, suspension, or elimination of personal information, the Company will do so as reasonable after verifying the identity of the person who submitted the request.
- The Company will educate and enlighten its employees on the handling of personal information. In addition, the Company will assign a manager to be in charge of personal information at each relevant division to ensure proper management and use of such information in daily operations.
Handling of Personal Information
I. Utilization Purpose of Personal Information
SB-KAWASUMI LABORATORIES, INC. (the “Company”) and its affiliated companies (collectively, the “Group”) will acquire and use personal information in accordance with the following purposes of use, unless otherwise stated at the time of acquisition. In addition, in order to achieve the purposes of use stated below or otherwise specified, and to the extent necessary for business purposes and permitted by laws and regulations, the Group may, without obtaining the prior consent of the individual, provide its personal information acquired by the Group to, or jointly utilize such personal information with, the affiliated companies, subcontractors, and/or business partners of the Group. The Group may omit stating the purpose of use of personal information when the purpose of use is clear, such as when we ask for contact information in response to an inquiry or request from a customer, or when we exchange business cards as a matter of business practice. Even in such cases, we will use the acquired personal information within the scope of the following purposes of use.
(1) Utilization Purpose customers’ and business partners’ personal information
- To make proposals and provide information (including sending catalogs, etc.) regarding the products and services handled by the Group.
- To sell, provide, and support the products and services handled by the Group
- To develop and provide better products and services
- To respond to inquiries and requests for information etc.
- To provide information about seminars, exhibitions, and events
- To conduct and analyze questionnaire surveys
- To communicate and discuss business transactions
- To conclude and execute contracts and to manage contracts after they are concluded
- To perform payment and other accounting procedures
(2) Utilization Purpose of the Group’s officers and employees and their families’ personal information
- To communicate in the course of the Group’s business
- To communicate in emergency cases
- To track work attendance,
- To pay wages, etc.,
- To carry out social insurance and tax-related procedures,
- To carry out employment management including, but not limited to, personnel evaluations, personnel transfers, rewards and punishments, employee history management, health and safety management, education and training, and retirement procedures
- To register or carry out other procedures required by laws and regulations
- To provide employee benefits
- To carry out overseas travel procedures
(3) Utilization Purpose of job applicants’ personal information
- To consider and decide whether to hire or not and the conditions of employment
- To make administrative contact and send documents related to selection and employment
(4) Utilization Purpose of retired employees’ personal information
- To create various personnel data
- To conduct various communications and procedures, etc. after retirement (including communications and inquiries related to the operation of corporate alumni associations and the distribution of internal newsletters)
II. Joint Utilization of Personal Information
The Group may, without obtaining the prior consent of the individual, and to the extent necessary for business purposes and permitted by laws and regulations, jointly utilize personal information with the following entities and/or persons in accordance with the following conditions.
(1) Scope of entities and/or persons who can jointly utilize personal information
Annual Securities Report
List of Group Companies (Domestic)
List of Group Companies (Overseas)
- SB-KAWASUMI LABORATORIES, INC.
- Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd.
- Subsidiaries and affiliates of Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd. (The scope of entities is limited to those disclosed to the public by Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd. in its latest annual securities report or in its website, etc.)
(2) Purpose for the entities and/or persons who jointly utilize personal information
For each of the categories (1), (2), (3) and (4) of "Utilization Purposes of Personal Information" above, the purposes of use described in the respective categories.
(3) Items of personal data that can be jointly utilized
Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other items necessary for the above-mentioned purpose of joint utilization.
(4) Party responsible for the management of personal data
Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd.
5-8 Higashi-Shinagawa 2-chome, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 140-0002, Japan
【Name of representative】
Representative Director, President
April 1, 2023
Contact for questions regarding personal information
If you have any questions or complaints regarding the handling of personal information by the Company, please contact the following.
Contact for response and acceptance
Address: ： SB-KAWASUMI LABORATORIES, INC.
General Affairs Dept.
3-25-4 Tonomachi, Kawasaki-ku, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa 210-8602, Japan
E-mail ： firstname.lastname@example.org