The medical device business of Sumitomo Bakelite Co.,Ltd., a predecessor of SB-KAWASUMI, has been offering various medical devices used during surgery since the 1980s. A large number of healthcare facilities still use them at present.
Retractor used in coronary artery bypass graft is a device to retain position and orientation of the heart during surgery. In Japan, Sumitomo Bakelite gained the approval under Pharmaceutical Affairs Act in 2007, and is going to expand business to offer this product to overseas customers.
SB-KAWASUMI is determined to keep supporting treatments through its medical devices for surgery in order to regain daily life and smile of patients.
- Multiple adhesion pad with strong adhesion enables sure and stable positioning of the heart.
- Adhesion pad is attachable to any portion of the heart which enables flexible positioning of the heart.
- Free visibility with no restriction.
- Small low profile suction cups with two designs to improve manipulation in a small thoracotomy during surgery.
- A detachable suction tube design so it can be guided through a small incision different than the thoracotomy to maintain good surgical view.